"I suppose there are people who can pass up free guacamole, but they're either allergic to avocado or too joyless to live."— Frank Bruni

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

love me some crack pie

Last night's episode of Conan gave me a dose of bittersweet food pleasure - Christina Tosi, Milk Bar's pastry chef, was on it to promote her new cookbook. She and Conan made cereal milk (which sounds a little silly considering you get cereal milk every time you eat cereal, not having to actually 'make it'), and cereal milk-based alcoholic milkshakes. I let out a BIG SIGH - now the rest of the country is in on the deliciousness that is Milk Bar. The rest of the country is in on CRACK PIE! Little did I know that the recipe for crack pie has been public knowledge for quite some time now.  So I stand corrected, with a whisk and spatula, ready to try my hand at baking my own crack pie, because at $87.22 (pie+shipping), shipping a pie home for Christmas is out of the question.

(photo cred: Kirk McKoy/LATimes)

No comments:

Post a Comment