"I suppose there are people who can pass up free guacamole, but they're either allergic to avocado or too joyless to live."— Frank Bruni

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

catching up

I usually make resolutions by birthday, not calendar year, but on this first day of 2013, I am making an effort to come back to the blog more. As you may have noticed, after life-changing events last May-June, my posts were sporadic at best, while my psychological need for engaging in things I enjoy was ever-present and unfulfilled. It is my resolution to get back to doing more of what I enjoy. So, please allow me to play catch-up a bit to get back into things. I hope I can keep this resolution, and hope there are a few of you still there to read (thanks, by the way).

Below are some random shots taken of some tasty treats I've consumed over the last few months. Hopefully it won't take me so long to post more of what I've acquired in my phone photo gallery. Enjoy and happy new year!
kouign amman from Dominique Ansel Bakery
super tasty sriracha flavored chips made from extruded peas!
from Thanksgiving: brussel sprouts with smoked turkey neck meat  (in place of bacon)
poutine with smoked meat from Mile End

also from Thanksgiving 2012: cheese plate with fixins

mantu or aushak from Afghan Restaurant

No comments:

Post a Comment