"I suppose there are people who can pass up free guacamole, but they're either allergic to avocado or too joyless to live."— Frank Bruni
Sunday, July 17, 2011
introducing the BON VIVANT BRUNCH CLUB
For those of you who received a coveted invitation, welcome. The Bon Vivant Brunch Club (BVBC) is an invitation-only gathering of convivialists who share an appreciation for good food and good times (and the joy of going home to a nice nap afterwards).
You will find all the terms and conditions in this posting. Confirmation for the first gathering will be distributed via email.
How this is going to work:
1. BVBC will be held every last Sunday of every other month unless noted by me or G (ie if we're busy, out of town, lazy, etc..). I'll work out the schedule and post and/or email it.
2. BVBC locations will be drawn from a predetermined list of restaurants. Suggested additions to the list will be considered, but selection is not guaranteed. (Disclaimer: most of the restaurants chosen will be new to us, so if they suck, you can't blame us.)
3. BVBC will convene around the same time every brunch day - 1130am. If reservations are not taken on a particular week, an earlier arrival time may be needed and will be noted in the email of details that will go out before brunch day (see 4. below).
4. BVBC locations will be revealed every 1st Monday of a BVBC month by email (with the exception of the first gathering). Details regarding arrival time, reservations, price range, gratuity charges, crowd conditions, back-up plans, RSVP deadline, etc will be in this email.
5. RSVP by email by the Wednesday before brunch day. I may or may not send out a reminder email. RSVP only if you are attending - no need to let us know if you can't make it (hope to see you next time!).
6. The maximum number of people per brunch day is 12. This is due to the desire to keep brunch day intimate. It would also be easier to get a table at places that don't take reservations with a smaller group.
7. Post-brunch reviews are welcomed.
Did I leave anything out? If so, let me know! Also, email me or G if you don't want to partake in the fun that is BVBC (our feelings won't be hurt, but we'll miss you).