"I suppose there are people who can pass up free guacamole, but they're either allergic to avocado or too joyless to live."— Frank Bruni

Thursday, July 21, 2011

todd kliman is an idiot

Just read on Eater that Washingtonian food critic Todd Kliman will be writing his review for America Eats, but he divulged a few thoughts before release of his review here. I think he's an idiot. I think his comments, particularly regarding the pot pie and key lime pie, completely invalidate him and I'm reconsidering renewing my subscription, considering the food section is a big reason why I subscribe, though I have found the reviews to be bland and late. And yes, I admit I read the reviews mostly for self-validation ("Hey I ate there already!...and yup, I ate there, and there..."). Does he not understand that the concept of the restaurant is lost American classics, reinvented? It even says on the restaurant website: "... America Eats offers a new take on American classics and celebrate native ingredients and some long forgotten dishes, from burgoo to oysters Rockefeller." Did he even attend Jose Andres' pre-opening talk at the Archives? Because if he did, he would have grasped that the food was going to be a bit deconstructed/reconstructed.

No comments:

Post a Comment