"I suppose there are people who can pass up free guacamole, but they're either allergic to avocado or too joyless to live."— Frank Bruni

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

中國菜

Sorry - no time to do a Toothsome Tuesday post, but let's go to China Bistro, just because there are few places in the DMV area that serve decent dumplings and I'm always open to trying new places.


A quick note of poopoo - Eater is having its first Chinese Food Week, which I think is dumb, and you will too if you read this. Please tell me what is there to explore in Chinatown? If they were as keen as they should be, they should mention that by Chinatown they mean Rockville, because everyone knows that's where the real stuff is (with the exception of a few yum cha houses in Silver Spring and Sichuan Pavilion on K St). And maybe it's just me, but I think it's pretty lame to get non-Chinese restaurants in the District to create dishes inspired by Chinese take-out because 1) Chinese take-out in the DC area is the worse and 2) it emphasizes the lack of actual decent Chinese food in the District.

No comments:

Post a Comment