"I suppose there are people who can pass up free guacamole, but they're either allergic to avocado or too joyless to live."— Frank Bruni

Friday, October 28, 2011

newsworthy

Important things that I should write about but don't want to (so feel free to enlighten and elaborate in the comments section if you so desire):

  • Occupy Wall Street protests, particularly what has come of it in Oakland (but I will say this: Although I do support the initial motives for the movement, I am cognizant of the reasons for police intervention (note: not inappropriately aggressive measures). Honestly, seeing the footage, and as acknowledged in the Times today, it looks like a lot of dirty white people, so it is very likely that camp areas have become health hazards and public nuisances, in terms of smells and nastiness.
  • Last night's CBS Evening News '1 in 7 Billion' story on the typical person, who, as I predicted, was Han Chinese
  • Last night's crazy World Series Game 6
  • Post-election protests in Tunisia

No comments:

Post a Comment