"I suppose there are people who can pass up free guacamole, but they're either allergic to avocado or too joyless to live."— Frank Bruni

Thursday, October 27, 2011

can't...turn...the...channel...

Folks, we're treated to another guest post by G today! Enjoy this week's List.
: : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : :

It's an honor to bring you yet another guest post for LIST WEDNESDAY, coming to you a day late.  My apologies.  

We've all been stuck inside on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon and randomly flipping through the channels hoping to find something entertaining to watch.  Assuming it's not football season, it's sometimes a pleasant surprise to land on a channel that is showing a movie you love that you haven't seen in a while.  Thanks TNT, AMC, TBS and FX.  With that being said, here are 7 movies that I just can't stop watching whenever I unexpecedly find them on TV (in no particular order, or INPO):

==TOP 7 MOVIES I CAN'T STOP WATCHING WHEN THEY'RE ON TV==

1) A FEW GOOD MEN - Star Power Galore:  Cruise, Nicholson, Demi Moore, Keifer, Kevin Bacon, Cuba Gooding Jr., and Rob Reiner directing.  Everyone remembers "You want the truth? You can't handle the TRUTH!" but how about "Oh I'm sorry, you were sick the day they taught law at law school".  Reminds me of my days in law school.



2) MY COUSIN VINNY - A TBS Classic with so many funny moments and lines.  "The two yutes", "Uh, What's a yute?" -  "I wore this ridiculous thing for you" (when Vinny was forced to wear a ridiculous red tuxedo because the dry cleaner was closed) - Vinny, going from "What's a grit" to "I love grits too, do you like yours creamy or al dente?"  Just a coincidence that this is a courtroom "drama" like "A Few Good Men."


3) SILENCE OF THE LAMBS - "Place the lotion in the f-ing basket!"  Sir Anthony Hopkins is so creepy and so convincing and even though I've seen this movie at least 15 times, I can still feel the suspense build and am constantly entrigued by the interactions between Hannibal Lecter and Clarice Starling.  When Clarice walks down the hall to Lecter's cell only to see him standing there smiling and waiting for her is genius filmmaking.    

4) OLD SCHOOL - Another TBS Classic and my favorite moment among many includes a short cameo from Terry O'Quinn (Locke from LOST).  Luke Wilson is talking with his boss (Locke) and Locke's daughter walks in.  Earlier, Luke had hooked up with Locke's daughter and Locke says something along the lines of "It's amazing how fast they grow up, and to think in a few months she'll be graduating high school." Luke choking on his coffee always makes me chuckle.  

5) NATIONAL LAMPOONS EUROPEAN VACATION - Whenever I hear Big Ben referenced, I will always think about Chevy Chase driving around in circles going nuts saying "Look kids, Big Ben, Parliament.  I just can't get left."



6) JURASSIC PARK - The T-Rex breaking free from his pen and looking into the SUV where the kids were is classic Speilberg.  Of course, as with so many Speilberg films, John Williams does the score and the music playing when everyone first sees the dinosaurs is sweeping and unforgettable.


7) THE WEDDING PLANNER - Not sure why I can't turn away from this not-particulary-good movie.  As the author of this blog can attest, I must have a thing for Matthew McConaughey romantic comedies because I also enjoy "HOW TO LOSE A GUY IN 10 DAYS".

Hope you enjoyed this "List Wednesday" list on Thursday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment