"I suppose there are people who can pass up free guacamole, but they're either allergic to avocado or too joyless to live."— Frank Bruni

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

new girl crush/career envy: emy tseng

I got my weekly Cultural Tourism DC email...

(photo cred: her site)

...and this week, there was a gem of a find in it! A diamond in the rough, if you will. On Thursday 15 March, a woman named Emy Tseng will be performing at Twins Jazz Club. She's a  jazz singer from the Bay Area who recently moved to the DC area who sings jazz standards and bossa nova - in Portuguese! Here's a bonus - the Twins' menu features Ethiopian food! Funny, despite walking by it everyday before I moved, I never felt compelled to check out the venue. Despite mixed Yelp reviews of the place, I'm willing to try it to enjoy some doro watt and jazz simultaneously. Yes please.

Emy is also performing for free at the Cherry Blossom Festival on Monday, 9 April and in Alexandria for a summer concert in Fort Hunt Park on Sunday, 17 June.

No comments:

Post a Comment